Musings of a Diamond Geezer

When did you come here? When did you realize that you'd never be free? Live life to the fullest, disregard the hype, love thy neighbour (and perhaps undress him/her also). Ps. "Morals are for little people" - Jenny Holzer (that old adage - or perhaps rather truism - as featured in a collage of such in her LED-art work piece, displayed, among other places, on the cornice of the Northern Boulevard main entrance to the Fornebu-complexes (in Oslo) of the Telenor mega-corporation of Norway).

Name:
Location: Norway

30-something, cosmopolitan, internationalist, Norwegian somewhat conscious-ridden hedonist; torch-bearer for reasonable freedom of speech, equal opportunity, John Rawls + fashionistas everywhere. Perfectionist, style- & esthetics-loving risk-seeker; living on the edge, with a vengeance. Always looking for the highest abstract of truth, being a bon vivant free-thinker and a flaneur par excellence. Soul member of no social circle, organisation or political party - a true independent. Last, but not least: Empathetic, open-minded, relations-focused, inertia-exploring, creative, red wine-loving bourgeois rebel. Also very modest and unassuming... Currently engaged in fleshing out a potential new direction in life, while seeking refuge/finding solace in and/or contemplating complacency in line with (choose your preferred alternative) the line "30 is the new 20", from Jay-Z's excellent new album, "Kingdom Come".

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sorry

This blog has had far too few posts lately. I've been very busy of course. But at the same time I may had an ambition that all posts should be substantial. I don't think so any more. Usualy, if I want to go into debth about something, it easily becomes too long and too anodyne for most people to either bother to read or want to comment. I tend to cover most angles, and abstract things to the degree that a topic is more or less fully covered.

From now on I will concentrate on shorter, snappier posts, allowing for better reader input. That way things won't be just me monologuing og diatribing, but actual conversations and discussions.

Also, as I haven't had time to monitor the blog even on a daily basis, I have chosen to switch on the administrator's preread function for comments. This would perhaps not have been necessary, but the blog has for unknown reasons received anonymous posts with contents that could put the administrator (that is I) at risk for legal charges pertaining to libel and/or slander. As I don't know who these (or that) less-than-serious and certainly not benign or mature commentator(s) are/were, I have chosen to let all comments go through my censorship before being posted.

In any event, until there is a substantial amount of new posts from yours truly, I wouldn't expect that much interest as far as serious comments are concerned anyways.

But keep reading, and I hope you will enjoy my new, less verbose and in-depth comments better! After all, brevity is the heart of wit ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home